Faculty & Staff
Alyssa J. R. Hensley, PhD
Alyssa J. R. Hensley, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Working with Dr. Jean-Sabin McEwen
Catalytic alcohol steam reforming to produce hydrogen and fuels
Office: 263 Wegner Hall 📧firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gene and Linda Voiland
School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering
1505 Stadium Way, Room 105
P.O. Box 646515
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-6515
- January 2016-Present: Postdoctoral Scholar in The Gene and Linda Voiland School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, Washington State University
Research Focus: Developing Realistic Models of Single Site Pt Catalysts Supported on the “29” CuxO/Cu(111) Surface for Low Temperature Water-Gas Shift and the Low Temperature, Selective Oxidation of CO
- August 2012-December 2015: Graduate Research Assistant in The Gene and Linda Voiland School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, Washington State University
Research Focus: Atomistic Elucidation of the Synergy within Noble Metal Promoted-Fe Catalysts for the Hydrodeoxygenation of Phenolic Compounds
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Washington State University, December 2015
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, August 2012
- Therrien, Andrew J.; Zhang, Renqin; Lucci, Felicia R.; Marcinkowski, Matthew D.; Hensley, Alyssa J. R.; McEwen, Jean-Sabin; Sykes, E. Charles H., Structurally Accurate Model for the “29”-Structure of CuxO/Cu(111): A DFT and STM Study. J. Phys. Chem. C 2016, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.6b01284.
- Hensley, Alyssa J. R.; Schneider, Sebastian; Wang, Yong; McEwen, Jean-Sabin, Adsorption of aromatics on the (111) surface of PtM and PtM3 (M = Fe, Ni) alloys. RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 85705–85719.
- Hensley, Alyssa J. R.; Wang, Yong; McEwen, Jean-Sabin, Phenol deoxygenation mechanisms on Fe (110) and Pd (111). ACS Catal. 2015, 5, 523–536.
- Hensley, Alyssa J. R.; Hong, Yongchun; Zhang, Renqin; Zhang, He; Sun, Junming; Wang, Yong; McEwen, Jean-Sabin, Enhanced Fe2O3 reducibility via surface modification with Pd: Characterizing the synergy within Pd/Fe catalysts for hydrodeoxygenation reactions. ACS Catal. 2014, 4, 3381–3392.
- Hong, Yongchun; Zhang, He; Sun, Junming; Ayman, Karim M.; Hensley, Alyssa J. R.; Gu, Meng; Engelhard, Mark H.; McEwen, Jean-Sabin; Wang, Yong, Synergistic catalysis between Pd and Fe in gas phase hydrodeoxygenation of m-Cresol. ACS Catal. 2014, 4, 3335–3345.
- Hensley, Alyssa J. R.; Zhang, Renqin; Wang, Yong; McEwen, Jean-Sabin, Tailoring the adsorption of benzene of PdFe surfaces: A density functional theory study. J. Phys. Chem. C 2013, 117, 24317–24328.
- Sun, Junming; Karim, Ayman M.; Zhang, He; Kovarik, Libor; Li, Xiaohong, Hensley, Alyssa J. R.; McEwen, Jean-Sabin; Wang, Yong, Carbon-supported bimetallic Pd-Fe catalysts for vapor-phase hydrodeoxygenation. J. Catal. 2013, 306, 47–57.