Faculty & Staff
Kai Zhao, PhD
Kai Zhao, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Working with Dr. Su Ha
Solid oxide fuel cells; electrochemical investigation of novel cathode materials; fabrication technology of ceramic fuel cells; catalysts for fuel cells running on hydrocarbon fuels
Office: 340G Wegner Hall 📧email@example.com
The Gene and Linda Voiland
School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering
1505 Stadium Way, Room 105
P.O. Box 646515
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-6515
- August 2014–February 2016: Postdoctoral research associate in College of Applied Engineering, Sustainability and Technology, Kent State University (United States)
Research focus: Performance investigation of tubular solid oxide fuel cells fabricated by a freeze-drying method
- September 2011–August 2014: Ph.D. candidate in Division of New-Materials Engineering, College of Engineering, Chonbuk National University (South Korea)
Research interest: Microstructure and electrochemical performance of inert-substrate supported tubular solid oxide fuel cells
- September 2008–August 2011: Master researcher in mixed-conducting lab, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology (TOP 10 in Material Science in China)
Research interest: Microstructure and electrochemical properties of La2NiO4+d electrode for solid oxide fuel cells
- Kai Zhao, Bok-Hee Kim, Qing Xu, Yanhai Du, Byung-Guk Ahn, Redox cycling performance of inert-substrate-supported tubular single cells with nickel anode current collector, Journal of Power Sources 293 (2015) 336–342.
- Jing Xiao, Qing Xu, Min Chen, Kai Zhao, Bok-Hee Kim, Improved overall properties in La1-xCaxFe0.8Cr0.2O3-d as cathode for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells, Ionics 21 (2015) 2805–2814.
- Kai Zhao, Bok-Hee Kim, Qing Xu, Byung-Guk Ahn, Performance improvement of inert-substrate-supported tubular single cells via microstructure modification, Journal of Power Sources 274 (2015) 799–805.
- Lei Ma, Kai Zhao, Bok-Hee Kim, Qian Li, Jinliang Huang, Electrochemical performance of solid oxide fuel cells with Sm, Nd co-doped Ce0.85(SmxNd1-x)0.15O2-d electrolyte, Ceramics International 41 (2015) 6391–6397.
- Kai Zhao, Ya-Ping Wang, Min Chen, Qing Xu, Bok-Hee Kim, Duan-Ping Huang, Electrochemical evaluation of La2NiO4+d as a cathode material for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 39 (2014) 7120–7130.
- Kai Zhao, Bok-Hee Kim, Qing Xu, Byung-Guk Ahn, Fabrication and characterization of inert-substrate-supported tubular single cells by dip-coating process, Journal of Power Sources 245 (2014) 671–677.
- Lei Ma, Kai Zhao, Bok-Hee Kim, Qian Li, Jinliang Huang, Synthesis and characterizations of Ce0.85(SmxNd1-x)0.15O2-d ceramics, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 601 (2014) 260–266.
- Myong-Jin Lee, Jae-Hak Jung, Kai Zhao, Bok-Hee Kim, Qing Xu, Byung-Guk Ahn, Spencer Seung-Hyun Kim, Sung-Youl Kim, Fabrication and electrochemical properties of SOFC single cells using porous yttria-stabilized zirconia ceramic support layer coated with Ni, Journal of the European Ceramic Society 34 (2014) 1771–1776.
- Kai Zhao, Kang-Sik Lee, Min Chen, Bok-Hee Kim, Qing Xu, Byung-Guk Ahn, Electrochemical performance of a copper-impregnated Ni-Ce0.8Sm0.2O1.9 anode running on methane, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 38 (2013) 3750–3756.