Current Position Openings
Please apply via WSU Jobs
Available Title(s): 270-NN_FACULTY – Assistant Professor
Business Title: Assistant Professor
Employee Type: Faculty
Time Type: Full time
Position Term: 9 Month
Summary of Duties: The successful candidate is expected to establish a dynamic, externally funded, nationally recognized research program, teach core and elective undergraduate and graduate courses in bioengineering and/or chemical engineering, mentor a diverse group of students, perform professional service, and publish scholarly work. VSCEB welcomes strong candidates with active research in the areas of synthetic biology, electrosymbiotic engineering, molecular, cellular and tissue engineering. Priority will be given to the candidate whose work shows significant promise and the potential to uniquely strengthen existing research programs. Successful candidate is expected to build collaborations with the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, other departments at WSU, nationally and internationally.
- Candidates must hold both (1) a Bachelor degree in either chemical engineering or bioengineering and (2) a PhD degree in chemical engineering, biochemical or biomedical engineering, or a closely related field prior to the start of the appointment, an ability to teach core bioengineering and/or chemical engineering classes, and a commitment to collaborate with diverse internal and external groups.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of scholarly work, a commitment to service and diversity equity and inclusion activities in the department, and potential to establish a robust nationally-recognized, extramurally funded research program that complements and uniquely strengthens existing program(s) within the school and WSU.
Area/College: Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture
Department Name: Gene and Linda Voiland School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99164
9-Month Salary: $105,000 – $120,000 | In accordance with RCW 49.58.110, the above salary reflects the full salary range for this position. Individual placement within the range is based on the candidate’s current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position. WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts.
For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for Faculty visit: https://hrs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/2023-Benefit-Overview-for-Faculty-and-AP.pdf
Find total compensation information here: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/recruitment-toolkit/total-compensation/.
This is a permanent tenure track position.
Posting Close Date: Applicants must submit their completed application by September 23, 2023 at 11:59pm.
Screening Begin Date: September 24, 2023
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
Application Instructions: Applicants must upload the following required documents to their online application. External candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of your application. Internal candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/Cover Letter” section of your application.
- A cover letter
- A curriculum vita
- A statement of research plans and potential synergy with VSCEB and other WSU faculty research activities (approximately 2 pages)
- A statement of teaching experience and interests (maximum of 2 pages)
- A Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement (approximately 1 page)
- Contact information for 4 professional references. The committee may contact the references at anytime during the search.
WSU is an EEO/AA/ADA employer committed to providing equal opportunity without regard to national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. WSU is committed to excellence through diversity, has faculty friendly policies including a partner accommodation program, on-site childcare availability, and a NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation grant to increase the advancement of women faculty in science, engineering and math (see https://advance.wsu.edu/initiatives/). These open positions are part of WSU’s priority to build a diverse faculty and, as such, female and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.