The Voiland School offers degrees in chemical engineering and bioengineering that prepare leaders who solve the most important challenges facing our nation and the world. In recognition of the skills learned by studying in the Voiland School, salaries paid to chemical engineering and bioengineering graduates are among the highest earned by students graduating in any discipline. Read the latest Voiland School Newsletter to learn more about current activities in the School.
About Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering
Chemical Engineers and Bioengineers devise innovative solutions to today’s most pressing challenges — addressing our needs for clean, sustainable energy, maintaining and remediating the environment, and maintaining and improving the health of people everywhere. At WSU, we provide an education that prepares you to help meet these challenges. You can learn more about Chemical Engineering or Bioengineering at the Career Cornerstone website.
“No profession unleashes the spirit of innovation like engineering. From research to real-world applications, engineers constantly discover how to improve our lives by creating bold new solutions that connect science to life in unexpected, forward-thinking ways. Few professions turn so many ideas into so many realities. Few have such a direct and positive effect on people’s everyday lives. We are counting on engineers and their imaginations to help us meet the needs of the 21st century.”
Thank you for your interest in the Gene and Linda Voiland School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about our programs.
- Students receive 27 Carson, Auvil undergraduate research awards
- Alternative to wasteful methane flaring developed by WSU researchers
- Algae cultivation technique could advance biofuels
- WSU receives NIH grant to study heart problems at molecular level
- Research of Haluk Beyenal’s group recently featured by Journal of the Electrochemical Society
- Voiland researchers win early NSF CAREER awards
- Two Voiland School students chosen for NSF graduate research fellowships
- Graduate students win NSF research fellowships
- WSU, PNNL energy researcher wins national award
- Research advances energy savings for oil, gas industries