Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program
This new summer research experience for undergraduates (REU) site will train undergraduate scholars to develop or utilize engineering tools to diagnose and/or treat diseases.
- Hands-on research
- Industrial trip
- Trip to Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
- Professional training series (how to write a proposal, how to make a poster, and entrepreneurial and intellectual property training)
- Professional seminar
- Community building activities
Washington State University, Gene and Linda Voiland School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, Pullman, WA
May 29, 2018 to August 3, 2018
Students participating in this program are required to work full-time (40 hours per week) during the 9.5-week program period. As a part of the program students will agree to submit the pre and post program and event evaluations, a final report which summarizes their research activities, return their lab notebook to their mentor, and participate in the end of the summer symposium at WSU.
- Stipend: $4,750
- Housing (if needed): $1,100
- Travel: up to $500
February 16, 2018
All scientific and engineering baccalaureate-track and community college students who are US citizens or permanent residents are encouraged to apply.
Materials to submit:
- ➡ Online Application
- One Page Resume (may be uploaded with Online Application)
- Personal Statement (submitted as part of Online Application; Describe briefly your prior research experiences, instruments used and skills learned while engaged in research as well as your career goals. Conclude by telling us how participating in the REU program at VSCEB/WSU will help you reach your future career goals.)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (see Online Application page for details)
- Official Transcript (see Online Application page for details)
Nehal I. Abu-Lail, Ph.D.
Linda Voiland Professor
Associate Professor and Associate Director
Gene and Linda Voiland School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering (VSCEB)
Washington State University
1515 Stadium Way
105 Wegner Hall
Pullman, WA 99164-6515